Two of our favorite IDEA Tribe meetings happen during the early part of each year. In the first, every department shares its successes of the previous year. It’s a wonderful way to collectively recognize and celebrate all of the teamwork and creativity that make us thrive as a company. We are always blown away by how productive and resourceful our small but hard–working team is!
In the second meeting, the entire Tribe gathers again, but on this occasion, we look ahead. It’s very exciting to listen to the plans being laid and to see the sincere desire on the part of our entire team to make IDEA membership an unforgettable experience.
Since you are the main beneficiary, we want to give you a glimpse of a few exciting projects and milestones for 2014.
- We are just back from 2014 Personal Trainer Institute™ East in Alexandria, Virginia, where the event sold out for the sixth straight year. It was a wonderful educational experience with a phenomenal attendee satisfaction rating.
- We are about to leave for our PTI West event in Seattle. In its second year, we are anticipating another capacity crowd to absorb the rich educational lineup.
- In this issue of IDEA Fitness Journal, you will see the first of three previews for the 2014 IDEA World Fitness Convention™. We have expanded our programming and are anticipating about 12,000 through the doors at the Anaheim Convention Center over 5 days (August 13–17). Highlights include our partnership with Hay House Publishing, to bring you an Inner IDEA®–like day of mindfulness called Transformation Saturday; and our partnership with Yoga Journal for a premier preconvention event (August 12–14) called Yoga Journal Live! This barely scratches the surface of the astonishing program.
- We are anticipating our largest ever IDEA World Fitness & Nutrition Expo. The hours are expanding this year so you can comfortably explore more than 300 leading brands that serve our industry. This is a stellar opportunity to review the newest equipment, products, technology, food and fashion trends, and to bring the latest news and innovations back to your clients.
- This June, we will celebrate 10 years (100 consecutive issues) of IDEA Fitness Journal, the largest-circulation fitness-professional magazine on the planet. A combined 65,000 IDEA members and ACE-certified pros get the journal each month to gain continuing education and inspiration.
In our ongoing bid to make IDEA the association of choice for all fitness pros and fitness business owners, we have fine-tuned our membership categories and created new benefits for each. Our latest benefits include IDEA Workout Builder (a www.ideafit.com feature—with over 1,300 videos—that members can use to easily create, share and print workouts). Also, you can learn more about our new Professional Forms Bundle and IDEAFit TV benefits at www.ideafit.com/fitness-membership.
Fitness professionals are visiting www.ideafit.com more than ever this year to access success tools such as IDEA FitnessConnect, IDEA Answers, IDEA FitFeed and our award-winning content. Because of these new additions to www.ideafit.com, in 2013 we moved up to become the 7th most visited health and fitness website in the world, according to Alexa.com, the most respected website ranking system, which tracks and ranks 30 million websites worldwide.
IDEA FitnessConnect/IDEA FitFeed
Have you seen IDEA FitFeed yet? This real-time fitness news aggregator is a great way to stay up to date on the latest health, fitness and nutrition news from around the world. FitFeed pulls top head-lines and articles being shared by fitness professionals around the Web and makes them available in one convenient location. Take a look at FitFeed here: "www.ideafit.com/fitfeed.
As you can see, we are busy here at headquarters cooking up projects and plans to make you more successful. We hope you will take advantage of these exciting new offerings!