Transforming Your Work: IDEA World Fitness Convention™
Get ready for the year's biggest and best educational event: the 2013 IDEA World Fitness Convention in Los Angeles, August 7–11. Take time to focus on how to transform your life and work into a powerful source of inspiration strong enough to change lives—including your own.
Here are some highlights:
- The convention’s powerful Opening Ceremonies with keynote speaker Bo Eason, NFL athlete, Broadway playwright and actor, and presence/story coach, who will explain how to create trust and motivate clients by using the remarkable power of your personal story
- Also at the Opening Ceremonies: dynamic entertainment, and a presentation by 2013 Fitness Inspiration Award winner, Peter Twist, MSc, who will share his experience of overcoming advanced-stage-4 head-neck cancer physical adversity to inspire others.
- Extensive specialized education focused specifically on Baby Boomers, seniors, youth, women and overweight clients.
- The exclusive IDEA World Showcase Room with concert-style workouts featuring the world’s biggest fitness celebrities.
- The IDEA World Fitness & Nutrition Expo Hall, where you’ll find the newest big releases in fitness, wellness and nutrition, including all the latest in equipment, programs, natural foods, apparel, shoes, health and beauty, and eco-friendly products. New this year: practical, unbiased nutrition education tailored to the needs of fitness professionals and a wide variety of nutrition resources, plus the Healthy Cooking Stage with appearances and live cooking demonstrations by your favorite celebrity chefs and nutrition companies.
- L.A. Adventures, custom sessions that allow you to explore the heart of the L.A. landscape as you hike, bike and tour one of the most exciting cities in the world.
- The Best of Inner IDEA®, where you can experience the transformative power of mind-body-spirit wellness sessions from the groundbreaking Inner IDEA conference.
- IDEA Inspiration Medals, which will emphasize recognition and inspiration during sessions and add a special dimension of fun and excitement to the IDEA World experience.
In addition to recognizing the Fitness Inspiration Award recipient, IDEA honors top veteran fitness pros in these three categories: Program Director of the Year, Personal Trainer of the Year and Fitness Instructor of the Year. Recipients for 2013 will be announced in the July–August issue of IDEA Fitness Journal. Congratulations to the finalists:
IDEA Program Director of the Year Finalists
- Debbie Bellenger, MA
- Carol Espel, MS
- Tami Reilly, MS
IDEA Personal Trainer of the Year Finalists
- Brett Klika
- Frank Pucher
- Mike Z. Robinson
IDEA Fitness Instructor of the Year Finalists
- Shannon Fable
- Norma Shechtman, MEd, MA
- Linda Freeman Webster
The IDEA World Fitness Convention is the industry’s largest and longest-running fitness event, and this year it features more than 360 sessions. Take advantage of the chance to get 24 CECs at this convention—and be inspired for the year to come!
To register or learn more, see www.ideafit.com/world.
Photo credit: Len Spoden Photography.
For the latest research, statistics, sample classes, and more, "Like" IDEA on Facebook here.
© 2013 by IDEA Health & Fitness Inc. All rights reserved. Reproduction without permission is strictly prohibited.
|Extreme Interval Training
In this course you'll learn goal-focused intervals and over 50 dynamic exercises and drills to create extensive and intensive training formats.
|Cut to the Core
This is a raw, unedited video filmed live at the 2009 IDEA World Fitness Convention™. Cut to the Core is packed full of core-focused exercises that aim to improve the way you look, feel and live.
|September 2011 IDEA Fitness Journal Quiz 4: Plyometric Training
This continuing education quiz is an in-depth look at plyometric training. Plyometric exercises—jumping, bounding, hopping, arm pushing, and catching and throwing weighted objects such as machine balls—are movements that involve rapid eccentric and concentric muscle actions.