Top 10 Global Food Trends
Here is a peek at some major worldwide food trends that recently caught the editors’ attention at Food Technology magazine:
1. The Quick Fix. Fewer side dishes and less time spent preparing meals are just two more signs that fast food rules—even at home!
2. Drive and Go. Takeout service is increasing, especially at upscale, full-service restaurants.
3. Inherently Healthy. Consumers are upping their intake of fruits and veggies, grains and yogurts.
4. Fancy Shmancy. Another sign that tastes are more discriminating is the rise in sales of “premium” (read: pricey) foods, which are estimated to reach nearly $100 billion by 2010.
5. Farm Friendly. Consumers are seeking more locally grown fresh foods.
6. Layered Flavors. Sales of exotically flavored foods are skyrocketing.
7. Grazing. Gourmet snack sales are increasing, along with smaller portion sizes.
8. Reduced Fats. Low fat is the option many consumers are choosing as interest in low-carb diets wanes.
9. Do-It-Yourself Doctoring. Shoppers are trying to manage medical conditions through their functional food choices.
10. Global Gangbusters. Convenience and ready-made meals are flooding the global market.
For the latest research, statistics, sample classes, and more, "Like" IDEA on Facebook here.
© 2005 by IDEA Health & Fitness Inc. All rights reserved. Reproduction without permission is strictly prohibited.
- Abdominals/Core Conditioning
- Body Image
- Boot Camp
- Cardiovascular Training
- Career Issues
- Client Advice
- Client Handouts
- Coaching/Lifestyle Coaching
- Consumer Education
- Continuing Education/CECs/Home Study
- Corrective Exercise
- Disabilities and Diseases
- Fitness Handouts
- Government Initiatives
- Group Fitness
- Health Clubs/Fitness Facilities
- Inactive Market/Inspire the World to Fitness
- Industry Issues/Trends
- Injuries/Injury Prevention
- Legal Issues
- Marketing and Sales
- Medicine/Medical Profession
- Nutrition/Healthy Eating
- Personal Trainer Institute West 2013 Blog
- Personal Training
- Program Design
- Program Trends
- Research/Exercise Science
- Sample Classes
- Sample Workouts/Program Design
- Self Improvement
- Special Populations
- Strength Training
- Technology/World Wide Web
- Weight Management
- Women/Women's Health Issues
IDEA Fit Tips
|Extreme Interval Training
In this course you'll learn goal-focused intervals and over 50 dynamic exercises and drills to create extensive and intensive training formats.
|Cut to the Core
This is a raw, unedited video filmed live at the 2009 IDEA World Fitness Convention™. Cut to the Core is packed full of core-focused exercises that aim to improve the way you look, feel and live.
|September 2011 IDEA Fitness Journal Quiz 4: Plyometric Training
This continuing education quiz is an in-depth look at plyometric training. Plyometric exercises—jumping, bounding, hopping, arm pushing, and catching and throwing weighted objects such as machine balls—are movements that involve rapid eccentric and concentric muscle actions.