Need Help With a Tax Problem?

by Joy Keller on Feb 01, 2005

Tax season can be rife with extra headaches, especially if you still have tax problems hanging over you from last year. Every-one needs a little help from time to time. Why should you be any different? If you’ve tried unsuccessfully to deal with a tax problem, consider contacting a taxpayer advocate.

A taxpayer advocate will independently represent your interests within the Internal Revenue Service by protecting your rights and resolving tax problems that haven’t been fixed through regular channels. While your taxpayer advocate can’t change the law or make a technical tax decision, he or she can help clear up tax problems and ensure that your case is given a complete and impartial review.

To contact your taxpayer advocate, call (877) 777-4778 or visit Don’t miss the article about tax planning in the Career Path column on page 96.


Career Issues

Want more from Joy Keller?

Fitness Journal, Volume 2, Issue 2

Find the Perfect Job

More jobs, more applicants and more visits than any other fitness industry job board.

© 2005 by IDEA Health & Fitness Inc. All rights reserved. Reproduction without permission is strictly prohibited.

About the Author

Joy Keller

Joy Keller IDEA Author/Presenter

Joy Keller is executive editor of IDEA Fitness Journal and IDEA Fit Business Success, and is also a certified personal trainer, indoor cycling instructor, yoga teacher (RYT 200) and Reiki Master.