New Integrative Models of Health Care
Much current discussion of health care evolves around what the goal of care should be. This conversation is especially relevant for health and wellness professionals, particularly those who provide mind-body services. According to Institute of Medicine president Harvey Fineberg, professionals from diverse disciplines can create a new model of health-oriented care based on the following themes:
- an understanding that health is more than the absence of disease
- a recognition that health is influenced not only by physical or genetic factors but also by emotional, psychosocial, environmental and spiritual aspects
- a focus on health maintenance and disease prevention, as well as acute and chronic care
- an emphasis on interdisciplinary collaboration
- an acknowledgment of biologic variation and the need to treat individuals not statistical averages
For the latest research, statistics, sample classes, and more, "Like" IDEA on Facebook here.
© 2010 by IDEA Health & Fitness Inc. All rights reserved. Reproduction without permission is strictly prohibited.
|Extreme Interval Training
In this course you'll learn goal-focused intervals and over 50 dynamic exercises and drills to create extensive and intensive training formats.
|Cut to the Core
This is a raw, unedited video filmed live at the 2009 IDEA World Fitness Convention™. Cut to the Core is packed full of core-focused exercises that aim to improve the way you look, feel and live.
|September 2011 IDEA Fitness Journal Quiz 4: Plyometric Training
This continuing education quiz is an in-depth look at plyometric training. Plyometric exercises—jumping, bounding, hopping, arm pushing, and catching and throwing weighted objects such as machine balls—are movements that involve rapid eccentric and concentric muscle actions.