Introducing IDEA FitnessConnect
We’ve been alluding to the launch of a major new product for months now, and we’re ecstatic to finally be able to share the details and invite you to start using it! We believe this platform will impact the fitness industry in a profoundly positive way.
What Is It? IDEA FitnessConnect is the first free, all-inclusive national directory of fitness professionals. IDEA created this initiative to address the following challenges in our industry:
- Transparency. A recent survey found that 45% of those who claim to be certified fitness professionals are not actually certified.
- Inclusiveness. Among the hundreds of fitness certifications and many professional directories, there is no reliable, unbiased source to help consumers find a qualified professional.
- Qualifications. There is no standard set of qualifications for a consumer to consider when choosing a professional.
- As of today, 14 fitness certification agencies had agreed to participate in IDEA FitnessConnect and will be verifying the certification status of professionals listed in the directory. The 13 National Commission for Certifying Agencies (NCCA) are AAPTE, ACE, ACSM, IFPA, NASM, NCCPT, NCSF, NESTA, NETA, NFPT, NSCA, The Cooper Institute and TW-CC/A-CPT. Additionally, PTA Global has agreed to participate. This list will expand as IDEA adds more certification verification partners.
- IDEA FitnessConnect launched on August 5 at the IDEA World Fitness Convention™ with more than 100,000 professionals, 25,000 clubs and 15,000 classes already in the directory.
- The directory will be available through private-label syndication agreements to more than 16 million fitness- and health-oriented consumers. This promotes public attention to industry “self-policing,” escalating the industry’s reputation and the image of fitness professionals.
- It provides a responsible industry solution that sends a positive message to state legislators in terms of monitoring the industry’s qualified professionals.
- Professional profiles include a standard set of qualification data to help consumers make safe, informed decisions. This set includes data such as fitness certifications, college education, CPR certification status, specialties, activities, ratings, reviews and club affiliations.
- IDEA FitnessConnect is free to professionals, consumers, certification agencies and syndication partners!
- For those of you who were part of the IDEA Personal Trainer Recognition System, you can use your designation (IDEA Professional, Advanced, Elite or Master Personal Fitness Trainer in the Awards and Accomplishments field of your new Profile Page.
With the launch of IDEA FitnessConnect, we have created the largest national industry-wide directory, linking over 100,000 U.S. fitness professionals to more than 16 million consumers. By providing verified profiles of fitness professionals, we give consumers confidence in their choice of fitness services while strengthening the credibility and professionalism of our industry. By the end of the year, syndication partners expected to help IDEA link interested customers to fitness professionals include Active.com, Health.com, Fitness Magazine and IHRSA. More partners will be added.
This is merely a broad overview of this platform’s power. IDEA FitnessConnect has some incredible tools that will streamline your time, enhance your professionalism and expand your marketing reach—all outcomes that will ultimately make you more successful. For an in-depth look at its features and functions, turn to the comprehensive feature on page 38. You can get started by filling out your very own profile page today at www.ideafit.com/fitnessconnect.
We hope to see you up and running soon on IDEA FitnessConnect with thousands of other qualified professionals!
In good health,
Kathie and Peter Davis
For the latest research, statistics, sample classes, and more, "Like" IDEA on Facebook here.
© 2010 by IDEA Health & Fitness Inc. All rights reserved. Reproduction without permission is strictly prohibited.
|Extreme Interval Training
In this course you'll learn goal-focused intervals and over 50 dynamic exercises and drills to create extensive and intensive training formats.
|Cut to the Core
This is a raw, unedited video filmed live at the 2009 IDEA World Fitness Convention™. Cut to the Core is packed full of core-focused exercises that aim to improve the way you look, feel and live.
|September 2011 IDEA Fitness Journal Quiz 4: Plyometric Training
This continuing education quiz is an in-depth look at plyometric training. Plyometric exercises—jumping, bounding, hopping, arm pushing, and catching and throwing weighted objects such as machine balls—are movements that involve rapid eccentric and concentric muscle actions.