In the midst of a chaotic world, take time to breathe and restore yourself at the world’s premiere educational event for Pilates and yoga instructors, personal trainers, mind-body studio owners and wellness professionals.
In an increasingly turbulent, stressful and quickly changing world, the challenges to well-being are greater than ever—but so is your opportunity to help clients grow and flourish with fitness, vitality and resilience of body, mind and spirit. There’s no better way to help your clients on their journey to wholeness than to undertake your own journey at this year’s Inner IDEA Conference.
“Today it’s more important than ever that you broaden your understanding of the connectivity of body, mind and spirit and the wellness tools that can make a profound difference in the lives of your clients,” says Peter Davis, co-founder and chief executive officer of IDEA. “Few fields are evolving as rapidly as integrative health, wellness, positive psychology and related areas. [They] are showing us the power of integrating mind, body and spirit to achieve remarkable results that can change our lives. The public’s interest in and awareness of these areas have soared, and there’s new research every day. For mind-body professionals who want to stay on the leading edge of the most important developments and practices in integrative health, there’s no place like Inner IDEA.”
Inner IDEA may well be one of the most uncommon conference experiences in the world. It debuted in 2006 as the first event of its kind to address the mind-body-spirit health revolution by bringing together far-ranging leaders, programs and techniques in a forum that encouraged the development of personal and professional balance, wellness and wholeness. This year, Inner IDEA will feature more than 100 sessions and over 35 leading presenters covering the newest and most influential topics and programs in Pilates, barre, fusion and integrative fitness, yoga, nutrition, mindfulness, meditation, motivational coaching, positive psychology (happiness), tai chi, Nia®, GYROTONIC® exercise and much more.
Inner IDEA is known for its unique learning environment, which fosters an ambiance of calm and emphasizes wholeness of both the individual and the community. Unfolding in a nurturing, nonjudgmental environment designed to support all participants and many paths to health and wellness, the event encourages a journey inward, as well as a sense of belonging and connection with other participants.
“Inner IDEA is a sanctuary for growth, inspiration and learning,” says Kimberly Spreen, Inner IDEA programming director. “It’s an opportunity to focus on the present moment and explore what it means to have balance and integration between body, mind and spirit. It’s a personal journey as much as a professional one. It’s also the only event in the world where instructors can find this broad range of the highest-quality, in-depth, groundbreaking education all in one place.”
While other events focus specifically on yoga, Pilates, integrative wellness or positive psychology, only Inner IDEA brings them all together, delivering the highest caliber of training so that you can stay fully current in your specialties or expand your scope of practice into new areas.
Here are some conference highlights:
Keynote presentation, “There Is No App for Happiness,” by Max Strom, acclaimed spiritual teacher and author of A Life Worth Breathing: A Yoga’s Master’s Handbook of Strength, Grace, and Healing (Skyhorse 2010). Strom will explore ways to find true happiness and meaning in an increasingly complex world, with practices that enhance physical, emotional and mental well-being.
More than 100 sessions on the latest mind-body-spirit and wellness topics. What does the future hold for fitness, mind-body and health? More than 35 of the industry’s most forward-thinking leaders—including Lawrence Biscontini, MA, Kathy Corey, Rael Isacowitz, MA, Jill Miller and PJ O’Clair—will provide leading-edge education in Pilates, yoga, nutrition, positive psychology, tai chi and qigong, Nia®, GYROTONIC exercise, the Feldenkrais Method®, ZEN·GA™, BOSU® training, barre training, mind-body fusion, integrative wellness, healthy aging and much more. You can earn up to 20 CECs, plus up to four more with preconference sessions.
Brand-new exclusive programming for 2012. This year’s Inner IDEA will feature an exclusive visionary educational track on happiness and positive well-being—strategies for attaining them and the benefits of enjoying them. You will also find expanded programming on nutrition, as well as many all-new presenters and sessions for 2012.
A return to La Quinta Resort. The setting of La Quinta Resort & Club near Palm Springs, California, is back by popular demand. This beloved, meditative 45-acre desert retreat offers an ideal oasis for learning and reflection, with its lush gardens and sparkling pools, waterfalls and hot springs, resting under the magnificent Santa Rosa Mountains. Relax in a cozy casita or spacious villa, enjoy the desert sunshine, pamper yourself at the award-winning Spa La Quinta or take time for hiking and biking, boutique shopping, golf or tennis.
Special events throughout the weekend. You can look forward to many memorable moments:
- Thursday’s Welcome Reception, a chance for lively socializing with the Inner IDEA community
- the inspiring Opening Ceremony with world-renowned keynote speaker Max Strom and the presentation of the Inner IDEA Inspiration Award, which recognizes individuals whose outstanding leadership in the wellness field has inspired people toward mindful activity and a healthy lifestyle
- the critically acclaimed documentary movie, Happy, being shown on Saturday night: the film celebrates the power of positive well-being with moving human stories from around the world and explores the surprising roots of happiness and its powerful link to health
- scenic morning and evening outdoor activities, including hiking, labyrinth meditation, walking meditation, creating your day with intention, hiking yoga and moonlight meditation
- five health-conscious, community-building and inspiring meal experiences that encourage mindful eating and celebrate wellness; the meals include IDEA’s popular hosted silent breakfast and thought-provoking speaker lunches, with fresh, abundant fare, and selections to meet the needs of vegetarian and gluten-free participants. (Note: The meal experiences are for full-registration attendees. A la carte registration attendees are invited to attend the Welcome Reception but will be on their own for the other four meals.)
Preconference sessions. Precons offer you the opportunity to deepen or expand your skill set with concentrated study in these specialized areas:
- ZEN·GA: Mindful Movement—Breathing Workout and Fluid Conditioning With the Mini Stability Ball™, with Kim Kraushar. Created by the Merrithew Health & Fitness™ Team. Discover fluid, dynamic programs that include movements from yoga, traditional fitness and the STOTT PILATES method of exercise. Learn to use the breath to activate movement from the inside out, optimizing the core connection as well as spine, hip and shoulder girdle mobility.
- Balance the Pelvis, Legs and Feet With the Franklin Method® and the Pilates Reformer Repertoire, with Tom McCook. Gain experiential knowledge of the relationship between the pelvis, legs and feet in movement to support lifelong well-being. Learn a blend of the Franklin Method with related Pilates reformer exercises to help you understand movement and cuing in a whole new way.
In 2006, Inner IDEA introduced a new vision of wholeness for the health and fitness industry. Since then, this conference has nurtured a powerful, growing community of the world’s most dedicated and visionary presenters, instructors and practitioners in the mind-body-spirit health arena.
“This is a unique group within our industry,” says Spreen. “Inner IDEA attendees believe in being the transformation that can change the world. They are passionate about their own personal growth and about helping others achieve new levels of health and awareness. They know that when you evolve on all levels and flourish as a person and as a teacher, your clients grow and thrive with you.”
Please join us October 25–28, at La Quinta Resort & Club, and become part of this inspiring and dedicated group of people. For more information, visit www.ideafit.com/inneridea.