Inspire your clients and revitalize your career with new ideas and motivating insights from the 2010 IDEA World Fitness Convention.
What’s going to be hot in L.A. this summer? More than 350 fitness sessions on the latest topics in fitness, starring over 150 of the top names in the industry, as the 2010 IDEA World Fitness Convention comes to the famed entertainment complex L.A. LIVE, in the heart of Los Angeles, August 4–8.
It’s the biggest, most diverse and most comprehensive fitness education program in the world—the event that fitness professionals talk about all year long. IDEA World Fitness is the best place for you to get a closer look at all the new tips, programs, research, trends and techniques that will re-energize your career, build new markets for your business and bring fresh inspiration to your clients.
This year’s program, the 26th annual IDEA World Fitness Convention, has more memorable highlights and star power than ever before:
- You’ll have the historic opportunity to participate in discussions with the U.S. Surgeon General, who just recently launched her Vision for a Healthy and Fit Nation campaign. IDEA will present its Leadership Award to Surgeon General Regina Benjamin, MD, MBA, the 18th Surgeon General of the United States Public Health Service, during the IDEA World Fitness Awards Show, which will take place Thursday night at the Nokia Theatre, center stage for many of L.A.’s most famous entertainment events. (Make your grand entrance by walking the same red carpet the celebrities do!)
- Your host for the IDEA World Fitness Awards Show will be fitness author and TV star Mario Lopez, author of Mario Lopez’s Knockout Fitness (Rodale 2008) and Extra Lean: The Fat-Burning Plan That Changes the Way You Eat for Life (Celebra 2010), and one of the most well-known personalities on television.
- At the IDEA World Fitness Awards Show, you’ll have a chance to win a valuable vacation package to the exclusive, world- famous Golden Door spa. (Increase your chances of winning by attending the brand-new Expo Hall Ribbon-Cutting Ceremony on Wednesday night.)
- The afterparty on the Plaza, held outdoors under the stars, will be the perfect way to wrap up your evening. Connect with old friends and make new acquaintances as you experience one of L.A.’s hot new entertainment destinations. Drinks and hors d’oeuvres will be served as you dance to music chosen by one of the hottest DJs in Los Angeles.
- You’ll see the latest shoes, apparel, equipment and product offerings from over 200 companies at the IDEA Fitness & Wellness Expo Hall. As always, there will be special shopping hours that will not conflict with sessions, and you’ll have two opportunities to win fun prizes.
This year the IDEA World Fitness Convention is “bringing it” to a brand-new location—the exciting L.A. LIVE entertainment and sports campus conveniently located in the heart of the Los Angeles area, central to downtown, Hollywood, and all the sites that have made this city the iconic symbol of fun, fantasy and pop culture.
L.A. LIVE has quickly become a hot spot in Southern California. Just steps from the JW Marriott Hotel (our headquarters hotel), L.A. LIVE offers handy access to sports and music venues, nightclubs, restaurants, a bowling alley, movie theaters and more. Popular spots include the GRAMMY Museum®, The Conga Room™, ESPN Zone @ L.A. LIVE, Lucky Strikes Lanes & Lounge, Fleming’s Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar, The Farm of Beverly Hills, Wolfgang Puck Bar & Grill and Trader Vic’s, among others.
You can pamper yourself at L.A. LIVE’s luxurious JW Marriott Hotel, the just-opened 54-story architectural masterpiece linked to the famous Ritz-Carlton Hotel. You’ll enjoy breathtaking views of the Westside, South Bay, ocean and downtown skyline, and take advantage of plush amenities, a rooftop pool and the 8,000-square-foot full-service Ritz-Carlton spa and fitness center.
As you plan your convention trip, allow plenty of time to enjoy all that the area has to offer: mountain hiking, surfing, shopping, sightseeing, celebrity watching, Universal Studios and TV show tapings. Even take a day trip to Santa Barbara, the O.C. or San Diego.
At the 2010 IDEA World Fitness Convention, you’ll find the largest selection of fitness and wellness topics offered in the industry today, with presenters from all over the world exploring the newest ideas, equipment, choreography, research, methods and programs that will shape the global future of health and fitness. Here are some highlights:
5 Days of Education, Starting With Premier Seminars. This year’s convention has been extended to include 5 days of fitness education. The Wednesday through Sunday schedule begins 1 day earlier with a brand-new full day (Wednesday) of Premier Seminar training, featuring 15 courses of in-depth specialty education brought to you by IDEA and the leading companies in fitness.
Sessions Designated for Your Discipline. A total of 15 time blocks are offered throughout the event so you can customize your educational experience, with a choice of up to 27 training and fitness classes offered in each time block. To help you select the sessions that are right for you, each class on the program is designated with a targeted discipline in mind:
- Personal Training
- Hybrid Fitness Pro
- Group Exercise (classes designated by experience levels)
- Specialized Equipment
- Special Populations
- Exercise Science/Research
- Business/Career Management
- Water Fitness
Club Spotlight Programs. These hot new programs will be debuting from clubs around the country:
- Equinox® Presents Parkour Power Play
- Spectrum Clubs® Presents The Wil® to Dance
- Crunch® Presents Dance 2010
- 24 Hour Fitness® Presents Hip Hop Hustle™.
Extended Education Sessions. Five in-depth (4-hour) training sessions will be offered (additional fees apply):
- Isolation to Integration—Corrective Exercise From a Functional Perspective
- The MELT® Core Method
- Starter Secrets to Becoming a Video Star!
- Become a Presenter!
- Zone in on Lower-Back Postrehabilitation—Synergy, Science and Income!
4 Top Guns, 4 Training Zones—Athletic Training That Brings It! Four top names in the industry—Douglas Brooks, MS, Todd Durkin, MA, Fraser Quelch and Peter Twist, MSc—share sports conditioning strategies and techniques in this intense workout session.
Starter Secrets to Becoming a Video Star! This session features 4 hours of in-depth career development training for fitness professionals who want to create video products, presented by three leading video personalities in the fitness industry, Gin Miller, Christi Taylor and Tamilee Webb.
Updated! Maximize the Caloric Burn With Strategies to Enhance Fat Metabolism.Len Kravitz, PhD, details the physiological and metabolic aspects of fat metabolism and presents seven programs to maximize calorie expenditure.
IDEA 2010 Throwdown/Showdown—L.A. Style. In this Sunday Session Grand Finale, 12 presenters in multiple rooms teach unique circuit sessions featuring iconic Los Angeles activities.
Surgeon General’s Health & Fitness Summit. Participants in this roundtable discussion include health and fitness leaders from both public and private sectors.
Up to 23 Continuing Education Credits. You can earn up to 23 continuing education credits (CECs) from all of the leading accreditation organizations. Contact your certifying agency with questions, or visit www.ideafit.com/world for a complete listing of available credits.
For detailed session descriptions, the full schedule and more information on the 2010 IDEA World Fitness convention, see www.ideafit.com/world.