IDEA’s New Website a Hit
IDEA is pleased to announce that its revamped website, www.ideafit.com 2.0, delivers a much smarter, more pleasurable and more efficient user experience for fitness professionals. Some of the terrific attributes include the following:
- An Easy-to-Navigate Site Structure. A colorful new layout and graphics package incorporates multimedia elements and engages the senses.
- Daily Dynamic Content. Featured content allows you to read or view something new every day. We have shifted from a static site to a constantly updated source of knowledge that you can access at will.
- A “Top Stories” Section. This serves up the most recent and most popular stories in our library, as well as up-to-the-minute RSS news feeds on fitness and wellness.
- Lively and Interactive Elements for On-the-Edge Reporting. Our event blogs are one example. If you haven’t been to an event lately, you can experience a recorded streaming session from this year’s IDEA World Fitness Convention™ or relive the event through our editors’ text, photo and video blogs.
- A Site Search Bar for Easy and Quick Research and Navigation. Need program design for a specific population? Want a sample class? Looking for research on the shoulder girdle? Want cuing tips for your Pilates mat class? Plug your topic into the search bar and go.
- IDEA Online Library, With Search Function. We are still cataloging, but by the end of the year we will have more than 5,000 IDEA articles from our award-winning publications cataloged and organized for your research and education needs. We will continue adding to this cache of content to fulfill every conceivable education niche you have. Search by topic, author or issue date and get the information you need with a click or two.
- Revamped IDEA Education Store. The store now has its own search bar, so you can query exclusively within the store for products such as books, DVDs, and test packages for CEC home study. There is also our ever-evolving line of IDEA event session DVDs, apparel and much more.
- Updated Shopping Cart Features. Our servers have been beefed up to provide a more streamlined, efficient shopping experience.
In addition, in upcoming phases of the website rollout you’ll see:
- IDEA’s Comprehensive Career Portal. No matter what your fitness specialty is or in what phase of your career you find yourself in, this portal will be a rich source of data, information and resources that will put substance behind your career decisions. A job board and upgraded classifieds section are included.
- Community Components. Specialty forums, discussion groups and blogs connect you to friends and colleagues all over the world.
- More Rich-Media Components. These features supplement and bring to life current topics relevant to fitness professionals.
To experience the new website, go to www.ideafit.com.
For the latest research, statistics, sample classes, and more, "Like" IDEA on Facebook here.
© 2008 by IDEA Health & Fitness Inc. All rights reserved. Reproduction without permission is strictly prohibited.
IDEA Newsletter Sign-up
|Extreme Interval Training
In this course you'll learn goal-focused intervals and over 50 dynamic exercises and drills to create extensive and intensive training formats.
|Cut to the Core
This is a raw, unedited video filmed live at the 2009 IDEA World Fitness Convention™. Cut to the Core is packed full of core-focused exercises that aim to improve the way you look, feel and live.
|September 2011 IDEA Fitness Journal Quiz 4: Plyometric Training
This continuing education quiz is an in-depth look at plyometric training. Plyometric exercises—jumping, bounding, hopping, arm pushing, and catching and throwing weighted objects such as machine balls—are movements that involve rapid eccentric and concentric muscle actions.