IDEA is pleased to announce that its revamped website, www.ideafit.com 2.0, delivers a much smarter, more pleasurable and more efficient user experience for fitness professionals. Some of the terrific attributes include the following:
- An Easy-to-Navigate Site Structure. A colorful new layout and graphics package incorporates multimedia elements and engages the senses.
- Daily Dynamic Content. Featured content allows you to read or view something new every day. We have shifted from a static site to a constantly updated source of knowledge that you can access at will.
- A “Top Stories” Section. This serves up the most recent and most popular stories in our library, as well as up-to-the-minute RSS news feeds on fitness and wellness.
- Lively and Interactive Elements for On-the-Edge Reporting. Our event blogs are one example. If you haven’t been to an event lately, you can experience a recorded streaming session from this year’s IDEA World Fitness Convention™ or relive the event through our editors’ text, photo and video blogs.
- A Site Search Bar for Easy and Quick Research and Navigation. Need program design for a specific population? Want a sample class? Looking for research on the shoulder girdle? Want cuing tips for your Pilates mat class? Plug your topic into the search bar and go.
- IDEA Online Library, With Search Function. We are still cataloging, but by the end of the year we will have more than 5,000 IDEA articles from our award-winning publications cataloged and organized for your research and education needs. We will continue adding to this cache of content to fulfill every conceivable education niche you have. Search by topic, author or issue date and get the information you need with a click or two.
- Revamped IDEA Education Store. The store now has its own search bar, so you can query exclusively within the store for products such as books, DVDs, and test packages for CEC home study. There is also our ever-evolving line of IDEA event session DVDs, apparel and much more.
- Updated Shopping Cart Features. Our servers have been beefed up to provide a more streamlined, efficient shopping experience.
In addition, in upcoming phases of the website rollout you’ll see:
- IDEA’s Comprehensive Career Portal. No matter what your fitness specialty is or in what phase of your career you find yourself in, this portal will be a rich source of data, information and resources that will put substance behind your career decisions. A job board and upgraded classifieds section are included.
- Community Components. Specialty forums, discussion groups and blogs connect you to friends and colleagues all over the world.
- More Rich-Media Components. These features supplement and bring to life current topics relevant to fitness professionals.
To experience the new website, go to www.ideafit.com.