Financial Benefits of Daily Deal Sites
Have you ever wondered if partnering with daily deal sites is worth the investment? According to Bloomspot, one of many daily deal companies, the answer is yes.
The organization analyzed customer transaction data from about 2,000 participating businesses in core markets. Here are a few highlights:
- Over 12 months, customer transaction data showed a 210% repeat rate among fitness business customers recruited from daily deal sites.
- Customers spent above the price of the certificate by an average $68 in the first month. Fitness facilities saw an average overspend of $266 beyond the original certificate cost.
But with the prevalence of daily deal sites and offers, how do you convert purchasers to members? Bloomspot director Laura Lee suggests offering a variety of packages that will appeal to different consumers. For example:
- Introductory package for customers who are “exploring.” This offer may attract customers who have never tried the type of services you offer—or customers who currently buy from your competition but are not 100% satisfied and are open to changing providers. Craft a short-term package with a low price point.
- Full package for those who are prepared to commit longer term. Often, these customers are actively looking for a fitness package or wanting to try a new solution. In many cases, these customers are seeking a fuller experience, such as 1 month of yoga or five dancing lessons.
- Lifestyle package for those pursuing a specific outcome and lifestyle. For instance, gyms might offer a nutrition consultation, 12 personal training sessions and/or 3 months of membership, including classes—offers that provide solutions for achieving lifestyle goals and wide-reaching objectives.
Have you experienced success with daily deal sites? We want to hear about it. Send your story to email@example.com.
For the latest research, statistics, sample classes, and more, "Like" IDEA on Facebook here.
© 2012 by IDEA Health & Fitness Inc. All rights reserved. Reproduction without permission is strictly prohibited.
IDEA Newsletter Sign-up
|Extreme Interval Training
In this course you'll learn goal-focused intervals and over 50 dynamic exercises and drills to create extensive and intensive training formats.
|Cut to the Core
This is a raw, unedited video filmed live at the 2009 IDEA World Fitness Convention™. Cut to the Core is packed full of core-focused exercises that aim to improve the way you look, feel and live.
|September 2011 IDEA Fitness Journal Quiz 4: Plyometric Training
This continuing education quiz is an in-depth look at plyometric training. Plyometric exercises—jumping, bounding, hopping, arm pushing, and catching and throwing weighted objects such as machine balls—are movements that involve rapid eccentric and concentric muscle actions.