Add zesty Black Bean Burgers with Sriracha Aioli to your meatless dinner options. They're superfast to make and will become a fast favorite as well.
Recipe courtesy of Cooking Light
- Yield: Serves 4 (serving size: 1 burger)
- 1 (15-ounce) can unsalted black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons lower-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- Cooking spray
- 4 (1 1/2-ounce) hamburger buns
- 1/4 cup canola mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha (hot chile sauce)
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 2 cups baby arugula
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Place beans in a large bowl; lightly mash. Stir in onion and next 7 ingredients. Divide mixture into 4 portions; shape each into a 1/2-inch-thick patty.
- Arrange patties on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 425° for 8 minutes; turn after 6 minutes. Add bun halves to pan; bake 3 minutes.
- Combine mayonnaise, Sriracha, and juice; spread over bottom halves of buns. Top each serving with 1 patty, 1/2 cup arugula, and top halves of buns.
PHOTOGRAPHY: Courtesy of Cooking Light/Jason Wallis