Agassi to Accept IDEA Award at World Fitness Convention
What’s going to be hot in L.A. this summer? More than 350 fitness sessions on the latest topics in fitness, starring over 150 of the top names in the industry, as the 2010 IDEA World Fitness Convention™ comes to the famed entertainment complex L.A. LIVE, in the heart of Los Angeles, August 4–8.
This year’s program has more memorable highlights and star power than ever before:
- Breaking News! 24 Hour Fitness is proud to present tennis great Andre Agassi as he accepts the IDEA Lifetime Achievement Award at the IDEA World Fitness Awards Show, Thursday, August 5, at the Nokia Theatre in Los Angeles.
- You’ll also have the historic opportunity to participate in discussions with the U.S. Surgeon General, who just recently launched her Vision for a Healthy and Fit Nation campaign. IDEA will present its Leadership Award to Surgeon General Regina Benjamin, MD, MBA, the 18th Surgeon General of the United States Public Health Service, during the IDEA World Fitness Awards Show, which will take place Thursday night at the Nokia Theatre, center stage for many of L.A.’s most famous entertainment events. (Make your grand entrance by walking the same red carpet the celebrities do!)
- Your host for the IDEA World Fitness Awards Show will be fitness author and TV star Mario Lopez, author of Mario Lopez’s Knockout Fitness (Rodale 2008) and Extra Lean: The Fat-Burning Plan That Changes the Way You Eat for Life (Celebra 2010), and one of the most well-known personalities on television.
- At the IDEA World Fitness Awards Show, you’ll have a chance to win a valuable vacation package to the exclusive, world-famous Golden Door spa. (Increase your chances of winning by attending the brand-new Expo Hall Ribbon-Cutting Ceremony on Wednesday night.)
- The afterparty on the Plaza, held outdoors under the stars, will be the perfect way to wrap up your evening. Connect with old friends and make new acquaintances as you experience one of L.A.’s hot new entertainment destinations. Drinks and hors d’oeuvres will be served as you dance to music chosen by one of the hottest DJs in Los Angeles.
- You’ll see the latest shoes, apparel, equipment and product offerings from over 200 companies at the IDEA Fitness & Wellness Expo Hall. As always, there will be special shopping hours that will not conflict with sessions, and you’ll have two opportunities to win fun prizes.
At the 2010 IDEA World Fitness Convention, you’ll find the largest selection of fitness and wellness topics offered in the industry today, with presenters from all over the world exploring the newest ideas, equipment, choreography, research, methods and programs that will shape the global future of health and fitness. Here are some highlights:
Club Spotlight Programs. These hot new programs will be debuting from clubs around the country:
- Equinox® Presents Parkour Power Play
- Spectrum Clubs® Presents The Wil® to Dance
- Crunch® Presents Dance 2010
- 24 Hour Fitness® Presents Hip Hop Hustle™.
Extended Education Sessions. Five in-depth (4-hour) training sessions will be offered (additional fees apply):
- Isolation to Integration—Corrective Exercise From a Functional Perspective
- The MELT® Core Method
- Starter Secrets to Becoming a Video Star!
- Become a Presenter!
- Zone in on Lower-Back Postrehabilitation—Synergy, Science and Income!
Hot-Topic Sessions. These are just some of the thought-provoking sessions featured on the program:
- 4 Top Guns, 4 Training Zones—Athletic Training That Brings It! Four top names in the industry—Douglas Brooks, MS, Todd Durkin, MA, Fraser Quelch and Peter Twist, MSc—share sports conditioning strategies and techniques in this intense workout session.
- Starter Secrets to Becoming a Video Star! This session features 4 hours of in-depth career development training for fitness professionals who want to create video products, presented by three leading video personalities in the fitness industry, Gin Miller, Christi Taylor and Tamilee Webb.
- Updated! Maximize the Caloric Burn With Strategies to Enhance Fat Metabolism. Len Kravitz, PhD, details the physiological and metabolic aspects of fat metabolism and presents seven programs to maximize calorie expenditure.
- IDEA 2010 Throwdown/Showdown--L.A. Style. In this Sunday Session Grand Finale, 12 presenters in multiple rooms teach unique circuit training sessions featuring iconic Los Angeles activities.
For detailed session descriptions, the full schedule and more information on the 2010 IDEA World Fitness convention, see www.ideafit.com/conference/idea-world-fitness-convention 2010.
For the latest research, statistics, sample classes, and more, "Like" IDEA on Facebook here.
© 2010 by IDEA Health & Fitness Inc. All rights reserved. Reproduction without permission is strictly prohibited.
- Abdominals/Core Conditioning
- Body Image
- Boot Camp
- Cardiovascular Training
- Career Issues
- Client Advice
- Client Handouts
- Coaching/Lifestyle Coaching
- Consumer Education
- Continuing Education/CECs/Home Study
- Corrective Exercise
- Disabilities and Diseases
- Fitness Handouts
- Government Initiatives
- Group Fitness
- Health Clubs/Fitness Facilities
- Inactive Market/Inspire the World to Fitness
- Industry Issues/Trends
- Injuries/Injury Prevention
- Legal Issues
- Marketing and Sales
- Medicine/Medical Profession
- Nutrition/Healthy Eating
- Personal Trainer Institute West 2013 Blog
- Personal Training
- Program Design
- Program Trends
- Research/Exercise Science
- Sample Classes
- Sample Workouts/Program Design
- Self Improvement
- Special Populations
- Strength Training
- Technology/World Wide Web
- Weight Management
- Women/Women's Health Issues
IDEA Fit Tips
|Extreme Interval Training
In this course you'll learn goal-focused intervals and over 50 dynamic exercises and drills to create extensive and intensive training formats.
|Cut to the Core
This is a raw, unedited video filmed live at the 2009 IDEA World Fitness Convention™. Cut to the Core is packed full of core-focused exercises that aim to improve the way you look, feel and live.
|September 2011 IDEA Fitness Journal Quiz 4: Plyometric Training
This continuing education quiz is an in-depth look at plyometric training. Plyometric exercises—jumping, bounding, hopping, arm pushing, and catching and throwing weighted objects such as machine balls—are movements that involve rapid eccentric and concentric muscle actions.