You don’t need fancy camera equipment to capture quality video, explains Chris Savage, founder and CEO of Wistia, a video hosting tool for marketers. He offers five essentials for shooting professional-grade content using your iPhone:
- An app that allows you to lock focus, exposure and white balance is a useful tool. FiLMiC Pro works fine for this.
- Studio lighting is key to making you look good on camera. Don’t have studio lighting? Your iPhone’s flash light can help create a similar effect.
- Clean, clear audio is important. Your iPhone’s audio capture is a great alternative to expensive audio equipment. Make sure you’ve got a second iPhone to place near you as you speak. You can weave the video and audio together later.
- A secure surface or adaptable tripod will keep your iPhone steady. Handheld shooting can produce shaky video, distracting viewers from your message.
- Putting your phone on a slider or using a tilt-shift effect are creative options.
For a more in-depth look at how to shoot great video with your iPhone, check out this video from Wistia’s resident video expert Chris Lavigne at http://www.ideafit.com/iphone-video-essentials.
To read the full article published in the July-August 2013 issue of the IDEA Fitness Journal click here.