The industry’s most powerful educational experience for trainers comes to Seattle, April 10-13.
What gives a personal trainer the power to change lives? Education, inspiration and purpose. You’ll find all three at the IDEA Personal Trainer Institute, coming to the West Coast April 10-13.
“Personal training is now recognized as one of the top career choices out there,” says Peter Davis, cofounder of IDEA. “There’s tremendous potential for trainers, but ongoing education and being committed to helping people are critical to success. At the IDEA Personal Trainer Institute, you can learn from the best trainers in the world—and go home excited and motivated to train with new passion and purpose.”
The IDEA Personal Trainer Institute is the industry’s leading educational conference for success-minded personal trainers, coaches, managers and owners. Whether you’re brand-new to the industry or an experienced trainer looking for fresh ideas, this is your opportunity to connect with the top names in the business, pick up solid new training skills to multiply your earning potential, and position yourself on the leading edge of research and trends in the fast-paced personal training field.
What You Need to Succeed
Are you just starting a training business? Or looking to move up the ladder at work? Do you want to introduce your services to the corporate market? Bring in more clients through social media? Or specialize in a new area, such as postrehab, sports conditioning, women’s fitness, nutrition or weight management? At the IDEA Personal Trainer Institute, you can get the skills, resources and motivation you need to make your next move. Here is a sample of what you can gain from this year’s conference program:
- Get the most up-to-date information on fall risk and balance assessments.
- Learn how to use the BOSU® Balance Trainer for active aging.
- Take home practical nutrition tips for the fit over-55 crowd.
- Gain important insights into the aging spine.
- Explore movement training and plyometric exercises to maintain resilient myofascial structures.
- Learn the science behind why protein is a vital nutrient for promoting optimal recovery.
- Discover natural anti-inflammatory solutions to pain.
- Explore new research comparing cardio workouts.
- Learn how to balance hormones for optimal weight loss.
- Explore the science behind the human movement system.
- Find out about the impact of stress and tension on soft tissue.
- Discover new research on the fascial system.
- Learn fundamental corrective exercise principles.
- Find out how to deliver safe, effective and fun boot camps.
- Discover the latest in spinal and pelvic stabilization techniques.
Marketing and Business Growth
- Leverage your brand through social media.
- Learn 50 ways to boost leads, sales and income.
- Build alternative revenue streams.
- Grow online sales.
- Get new tools to start your own business.
- Develop corporate wellness strategies.
- Focus on team building.
- Integrate the newest technology for success.
- Design your programs for profit.
Training Athletes: Strength and Conditioning
- Discover safe and practical training for youth athletes.
- Use the science of lactate threshold training to improve performance.
- Learn the latest innovative exercises and motivational tactics to get the most out of your clients.
- Discover the newest training techniques for athletes.
Food and Nutrition
- Get the latest research on metabolism, caloric expenditure and fat loss.
- Understand the vegetarian athlete.
- Explore nutrition to prevent and reverse heart disease.
- Define energy, and discover the role it plays.
- Learn nutrition strategies for before, during and after exercise.
- Explore the real power of protein.
- Take a closer look at amino acid supplements.
- Find out what you need to know about pre- and probiotics.
- Learn to train peri-, pre- and postmenopausal women.
- Get the latest in pre- and postnatal fitness training.
- Understand how to work effectively with obese clients.
- Learn to serve special populations, such as stroke victims, clients with diabetes, and those with hypertension, multiple sclerosis, fibromyalgia or joint issues.
- Focus on youth training.
Getting Into the Minds of Your Clients
- Use mind-body training to target a client’s entire health profile.
- Recognize and combat obsessive eating in your clients.
- Match different personalities to different exercise programs.
- Personalize training even in a group environment.
- Improve your communication skills through the art of intelligent coaching.