The Industry's Most Powerful Educational Experience For Trainers Comes To Alexandria, Virginia, February 27-March 2, And Seattle, April 10-13.
What gives a personal trainer the power to change lives? Education, inspiration and purpose. You’ll find all three at the IDEA Personal Trainer Institute, coming to the East Coast February 27–March 2 and the West Coast April 10–13.
“Personal training is now recognized as one of the top career choices out there,” says Peter Davis, cofounder of IDEA. “There’s tremendous potential for trainers, but ongoing education and being committed to helping people are critical to success. At the IDEA Personal Trainer Institute, you can learn from the best trainers in the world—and go home excited and motivated to train with new passion and purpose.”
The IDEA Personal Trainer Institute is the industry’s leading educational conference for success-minded personal trainers, coaches, managers and owners. Whether you’re brand-new to the industry or an experienced trainer looking for fresh ideas, this is your opportunity to connect with the top names in the business, pick up solid new training skills to multiply your earning potential, and position yourself on the leading edge of research and trends in the fast-paced personal training field.
Thinking about making the leap from employee to entrepreneur? Michael Piercy, MS, former pro baseball player with the Pittsburgh Pirates and the New York Mets, will tell you how he successfully transitioned from being a fitness manager in a large health-club chain to owning and operating his own fitness business.
Committed to helping your clients sort through popular myths about core training and offering them the best core program in your area? Presenter Nick Tumminello will give you the scientific facts behind the myths and show you how his top core-exercise applications can be integrated into any workout.
Want to be the talk of the town and bring more clients through your doors? Todd Durkin, MA, and Lindsey Richardson will show you how to say goodbye to traditional marketing and lead with creative ideas that capture the essence and emotion of your business.
Staying ahead of training trends is more challenging than ever, but you can find out what’s happening in the industry in one jam-packed weekend at the IDEA Personal Trainer Institute, where all the players come together—from leading companies introducing the newest programs and equipment, to educators explaining the latest research in fitness and nutrition, to the biggest names in training sharing their success secrets. You’ll find cutting-edge programming and equipment from leading brands in the training industry offered at special discounted prices, along with new research on recovery, nutrition and psychology to boost results for your clients.
At Thursday night’s Opening Session, “Making Dollars (and Sense) Using Different Training Philosophies,” Rodney Corn, MA, will help you to cut through the confusion of all the training methods out there, and to learn to combine different approaches into a more profitable, client-centered program that fits your own training style.
During Friday night’s Networking Happy Hour, you can mix and mingle with other top trainers and conference sponsors. Here are just a few other program highlights you’ll find this year:
- 5 new nontraditional marketing strategies that will triple your sales overnight
- secrets of successfully attracting Baby Boomers to your business, plus ways to position yourself as the expert on fitness and aging in your market
- 10 groundbreaking exercise programs that maximize caloric expenditure and fat metabolism
- tools you need to increase your hourly income through program design for small groups
- a ready-to-implement checklist you can use to gain new clients and close more sales
- a business starter kit with take-home templates and resources to help you launch your own training business
- a 30-day action plan to become the go-to trainer for corporate wellness programs in your community
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
Are you just starting a training business? Or looking to move up the ladder at work? Do you want to introduce your services to the corporate market? Bring in more clients through social media? Or specialize in a new area, such as postrehab, sports conditioning, women’s fitness, nutrition or weight management? At the IDEA Personal Trainer Institute, you can get the skills, resources and motivation you need to make your next move.
Here is a sample of what you can gain from this year's conference program:
- Get the most up-to-date information on fall risk and balance assessments.
- Learn how to use the BOSU® Balance Trainer for active aging.
- Take home practical nutrition tips for the fit over-55 crowd.
- Gain important insights into the aging spine.
- Explore movement training and plyometric exercises to maintain resilient myofascial structures.
- Learn the science behind why protein is a vital nutrient for promoting optimal recovery.
- Discover natural anti-inflammatory solutions to pain.
- Explore new research comparing cardio workouts.
- Learn how to balance hormones for optimal weight loss.
- Explore the science behind the human movement system.
- Find out about the impact of stress and tension on soft tissue.
- Discover new research on the fascial system.
- Learn fundamental corrective-exercise principles.
- Find out how to deliver safe, effective and fun boot camps.
- Discover the latest in spinal and pelvic stabilization techniques.
Marketing and Business Growth
- Leverage your brand through social media.
- Learn 50 ways to boost leads, sales and income.
- Build alternative revenue streams.
- Grow online sales.
- Get new tools to start your own business.
- Develop corporate wellness strategies.
- Integrate the newest technology for success.
- Design your programs for profit.
Training Athletes: Strength and Conditioning
- Discover safe and practical training for youth athletes.
- Use the science of lactate-threshold training to improve performance.
- Learn the latest innovative exercises and motivational tactics to get the most out of your clients.
- Discover the newest training techniques for athletes.
Food and Nutrition
- Get the latest research on metabolism, caloric expenditure and fat loss.
- Understand the vegetarian athlete.
- Explore nutrition to prevent and reverse heart disease.
- Define energy and discover the role it plays.
- Learn nutrition strategies for before, during and after exercise.
- Explore the real power of protein.
- Take a closer look at amino acid supplements.
- Find out what you need to know about pre- and probiotics.
- Learn to train peri-, pre- and post-menopausal women.
- Get the latest in pre- and post-natal fitness training.
- Understand how to work effectively with obese clients.
- Learn to serve special populations, such as stroke victims, clients with diabetes, and those with hypertension, multiple sclerosis, fibromyalgia or joint issues.
- Focus on youth training.
Getting Into the Minds of Your Clients
- Use mind-body training to target a client’s entire health profile.
- Recognize and combat obsessive eating in your clients.
- Match different personalities to different exercise programs.
- Personalize training even in a group environment.
- Improve your communication skills through the art of intelligent coaching.
Mary Monroe is a freelance writer specializing in health, fitness and wellness.