Making Dollars (and Sense) Using Different Training Philosophies
Staying ahead of training trends is more challenging than ever, but you can find out what’s happening in the industry in one jam-packed weekend at the IDEA Personal Trainer Institute, where all the players come together—from leading companies introducing the newest programs and equipment, to educators explaining the latest research in fitness and nutrition, to the biggest names in training sharing their success secrets. You’ll find cutting-edge programming and equipment from leading brands in the training industry offered at special discounted prices, along with new research on recovery, nutrition and psychology to boost results for your clients.
At Thursday night’s Opening Session, “Making Dollars (and Sense) Using Different Training Philosophies,” Rodney Corn, MA, will help you to cut through the confusion of all the training methods out there, and to learn to combine different approaches into a more profitable, client-centered program that fits your own training style.
During Friday night’s Networking Happy Hour, you can mix and mingle with other top trainers and conference sponsors. Here are just a few other program highlights you’ll find this year:
- 5 new nontraditional marketing strategies that will triple your sales overnight
- secrets of successfully attracting Baby Boomers to your business, plus ways to position yourself as the expert on fitness and aging in your market
- 10 groundbreaking exercise programs that maximize caloric expenditure and fat metabolism
- tools you need to increase your hourly income through program design for small groups
- a ready-to-implement checklist you can use to gain new clients and close more sales
- a business starter kit with take-home templates and resources to help you launch your own training business
- a 30-day action plan to become the go-to trainer for corporate wellness programs in your community
To get more information about the IDEA Personal Trainer Institute click here.
For the latest research, statistics, sample classes, and more, "Like" IDEA on Facebook here.
2014 IDEA Personal Trainer Institute East
Where: Alexandria, Virginia
When: February 27–March 2, 2014
Preconference: February 27, 2014
Advance registration deadline: January 24, 2014—Save $50!
Headquarters hotel: Hilton Alexandria Mark Center, 5000 Seminary Rd., Alexandria, VA 22311; (703) 845-1010, (800) Hiltons, www.hilton.com
Special IDEA room rate: Single/double: $129; triple: $149; quad: $169, plus applicable state and local taxes—currently 11.5% plus $1 daily per room. Subject to change. This rate is based on availability and is valid until February 7, 2014 (cutoff date). This rate can also include up to 3 days prior and 3 days after the event, depending on availability. Be sure to mention the IDEA Personal Trainer Institute to get the special rate.
- By website: Register online at www.ideafit.com/ptrainer.
- By phone: To register using MasterCard, VISA, American Express or Discover, call (800) 999-4332, ext. 7; outside the U.S. and Canada, dial (858) 535-8979, ext. 7 (7:00 AM–5:00 PM Pacific Time, Monday–Friday).
- By mail: Mail registration form(s) and payment to IDEA Health & Fitness Association, 10455 Pacific Center Ct., San Diego, CA 92121- 4339.
- By fax: Fax registration form(s), including payment information, to (858) 535-8234 or (858) 713-1015. All registrations will be confirmed by email, not by fax. Please reserve fax line for registration forms only.
© 2015 by IDEA Health & Fitness Inc. All rights reserved. Reproduction without permission is strictly prohibited.
IDEA Newsletter Sign-up
|Extreme Interval Training
In this course you'll learn goal-focused intervals and over 50 dynamic exercises and drills to create extensive and intensive training formats.
|Cut to the Core
This is a raw, unedited video filmed live at the 2009 IDEA World Fitness Convention™. Cut to the Core is packed full of core-focused exercises that aim to improve the way you look, feel and live.
|September 2011 IDEA Fitness Journal Quiz 4: Plyometric Training
This continuing education quiz is an in-depth look at plyometric training. Plyometric exercises—jumping, bounding, hopping, arm pushing, and catching and throwing weighted objects such as machine balls—are movements that involve rapid eccentric and concentric muscle actions.