Among his many memorable and timeless quotes, Ben Franklin wrote long ago that “without continual growth and progress, such words as improvement, achievement and success have no meaning.” It’s a simple and true philosophy that, in many ways, defines the past many months for us and the IDEA staff.
We had an ambitious to-do list for the year, and we managed to knock most of it down. Each of you knows how satisfying a feeling that is, so don’t forget to take stock of your 2010 achievements, victories—and even failures—in order to get a clear focus of what you need to plan for next year. It is with great satisfaction and sincere pride that we reflect on all that our team has accomplished in 2010:
- The Industry’s Most Respected Educational Content. This year our staff of 39 produced three specialty conferences; one major convention; 10 issues of IDEA Fitness Journal; 38 issues of our niche e-publications (including the newly launched e-publication IDEA Pilates Today; 107 new educational conference DVDs; 32 article-based CEC courses; and 7 additional learning products (all of which are CEC courses). Combined, this inventory provided approximately 300 continuing education credits for you to choose from to stay current in your certifications and on top of your game. That’s a lot of education!
- CEC Convenience. All CECs mentioned above can be found in an easy-to-use, instant-results format on our education platform on www.ideafit.com. If you procrastinate certification renewal until the last minute, this is a one-stop cornucopia of educational opportunities with an instant “pass/fail, print certificate” feedback loop.
- IDEA Certificate Program for Group Exercise Instructors. In a separate content realm, in March we introduced the IDEA Certificate Program, a video-based home-study program created for group exercise instructors but valuable also for personal trainers. While many companies offer certificate programs for such training, we realized that IDEA could offer something different by helping instructors and trainers develop critical foundational skills. Learn more at www.ideafit.com/group-certificate-program.
- IDEA Educational Video Subscription Launch! Check out www.ideafit.com/subscription-offer for this new program, which provides 24/7 instant online access to more than 250 educational videos! The annual subscription includes unlimited access to over 40 courses, each worth up to 4 CEC/CEU hours from up to 20 certification agencies, with no cap on the number of CECs/CEUs you can earn.
- Welcome to ACE-certified Professionals! In July we began publishing a custom version of the award-winning IDEA Fitness Journal for 45,000 ACE-certified professionals, raising our readership reach to approximately 70,000 households.
- Hello IDEA FitnessConnect! Finally, and certainly the icing on the annual cake, came the August release of IDEA FitnessConnect, the first free, all-inclusive national directory of fitness professionals. We believe this platform will impact the fitness industry profoundly.
If you haven’t filled out your profile page yet, there’s no better time to do it than now, so you can begin to harness the power and revenue opportunities that this innovative tool provides. Go to www.ideafit.com/fitnessconnect to learn more and get started.
To Ben Franklin’s point, these bullets underscore a year full of growth and progress for IDEA; thank you for helping us celebrate—if only for a moment—the improvements, achievements and successes that give those words meaning.
In closing, know that our team’s creative energy is well-tuned and ready to dish out more value for you in the new year. We look forward to hearing your feedback and ideas, and we hope you have a wonderful holiday season!
In good health,
Kathie and Peter Davis
© 2010 by IDEA Health & Fitness Inc. All rights reserved. Reproduction without permission is strictly prohibited.