Now more than ever, health and wellness are valuable commodities. Your clients need reserves of energy, endurance, strength and flexibility (both physically and mentally) to meet the increasing demands of their daily lives. They look to you to embody the changes they want to make. As budgets tighten, they expect real results—and more value than ever before. At the same time, your career or business may be undergoing stress and uncertainty.
You can find creative new ways to stay competitive—and motivated—at the 2009 IDEA World Fitness Convention, August 12–16, in Anaheim, California. Focus on what you can do to create positive change for your clients and for your career or business. Attendees from more than 65 countries are expected to participate, making IDEA World Fitness the leading multicultural fitness event held in the United States.
The IDEA World Fitness Convention is the largest and longest-running event in the industry, with the world’s most comprehensive educational program for fitness and wellness professionals. This year’s convention features more than 140 of the world’s best-known presenters, nine preconference workshops and the opportunity to earn over 23 CECs. The convention also includes the IDEA Fitness & Wellness Expo, one of the largest and most diverse trade shows in the industry.
300 Ways to Create More Success
“Every one of our 300 sessions is designed to give people practical techniques that they can take home and use immediately to help their clients, and also to increase their own success,” says Aprile Peishel, MA, IDEA director of event programming. “This year’s sessions are geared to help fitness pros adapt their programs and businesses to the challenges of the economy.”
The 2009 IDEA World Fitness Convention features the following program highlights:
- The Latest and Newest Programs Debuting Here First. IDEA World Fitness will present over 130 New “Premiere” Sessions that have never been offered elsewhere. Three new equipment programs that will debut here are Keiser Cycling and Striding®; Indo-Row®; and Kranking®, done on the Johnny G Krankcycle. This year three hot, new club programs are also being featured as part of IDEA’s new Club Spotlight event. You can try these high-energy sessions, straight from the club floor: FAME, the Class by Crunch®; Hot Hula from 24 Hour Fitness®; and Climb Max by Equinox®.
- More Programs for Personal Trainers. Personal trainers can choose from more than 90 sessions covering exercise technique, exercise science, personal trainer management and personal training business skills.
- More Mind-Body Programs. With over 70 diverse sessions in yoga, Pilates, Nia®, fusion, Beaming™ and other groundbreaking areas of exercise for wellness, this year’s convention provides a wealth of opportunities to acquire new skills and learn the latest developments in mind-body specialties.
- Business, Management and Career Skills. Attendees will discover new strategies for increasing efficiency, cutting costs, reaching out to new markets, adding value to stay competitive, updating marketing tools, using emerging technology, improving management techniques (such as evaluations) and changing programming to increase profitability.
- Technology Track. Eight special sessions are designed to help you use the latest technology to improve your programs or your business. Learn to fuse video games with exercise, start a blog, make digital music mixes, improve your Web marketing, and design an exergaming program.
- Nutrition Spotlight. This year’s event offers an expanded selection of nutrition sessions covering the latest research and information on metabolism, weight loss, behavior change and other aspects of nutrition management. Plus, a nutrition preconference workshop is being offered for the first time.
- Small-Group and Partner Training. Scheduled topics include innovative drills, creating a personalized experience, partner tubing, aquatic group training, games and contests, equipment options, and marketing and business development strategies.
- New Tricks for Used Toys. Sessions will cover new options for tubing exercises, stability ball circuits, interval training, 4-day rotations, body weight–only techniques, ideas for boot camp sessions, and step and weighted-bar drills.
In addition to educational opportunities, the 2009 IDEA World Fitness experience offers plenty of inspirational moments, entertainment, networking, parties, camaraderie, laughter and a chance to get out of your routine and take a break. Here are some highlights:
- “20th Anniversary of Step” party
- “Club Intrigue” Friday night gala reception
- Opening Ceremonies and 2009 IDEA Health & Fitness Inspiration Awards with master of ceremonies Kathy Smith and internationally renowned “Master of Playfulness” Matt Weinstein
- all the fun in the sun that the OC (Orange County) has to offer
For more information on the 2009 IDEA World Fitness Convention, please visit the IDEA website.