13 Great Reasons to Attend the 2005 IDEA World Fitness Convention
Whether you are already registered or getting ready to, be sure to note the updates to the programming schedule in the sidebar “Session and Presenter Updates.”
2. IDEA Fitness & Wellness Expo. Hello—did someone say, “Shop ’til you drop”? Every year, we look for ways to improve the IDEA World Fitness event, and this year is no exception. From the moment you enter the Fitness & Wellness Expo, you will see we have added a new dimension to your experience—Las Vegas style. Not only will you find first-class exhibitors with the latest fitness products and services at discounted prices, but you’ll also be introduced to an improved expo “experience.” Don’t forget to pack your suitcase inside a larger suitcase so you have extra tote room to haul home your newly purchased goodies.
- At the heart of the hall, check out the Lipton Lounge, a great respite from the hustle and bustle of the expo. You can hydrate with hot and cold tea samples and network or relax in various seating arrangements. If you’re on a roll with your shopping, you can grab a tea “sample stick” to go.
- Follow the high-octane fitness entertainment at the Performance Stage, including the moves of Romeo Romero (Kickboxing) and Nike Fitness Athletes Izett Barnett (Xtreme Step™) and Misty Tripoli (Spirit Groove™).
- Check out the latest offerings from more than 150 vendors, including IDEA partners Nautilus® Institute and STOTT PILATES™ and premium exhibitors BOSU®, Dynamix, efi Sports Medicine, Freemotion Fitness, Les Mills, Multitrax, New Balance, New Leaf, Nike, Power Music, Power Systems, Propel® Fitness Water, SPRI, Atkins and BodyWave™.
4. Inspire the World to Fitness™. Introducing fitness to the inactive market at a grassroots level: This is the mission IDEA has challenged you with and to which you’ve risen beautifully! As fitness pros, you’re doing a phenomenal job of helping people from all walks of life increase their health and fitness; in some cases, you’re helping them effect profound positive changes that touch all areas of their lives. IDEA World Fitness is the prime opportunity to open your mind to the creativity of presenters and fitness colleagues in order to refill your inspiration tank.
5. Welcome Reception. Let down your hair and get ready to cut loose! The IDEA Welcome Reception on Wednesday evening, July 6, is open to all convention attendees. The “Western-” themed event will feature food, dancing, interactive games and yet another opportunity to network with fellow delegates and presenters. After working out and shopping all day, you’ll be ready to relax, laugh and make the most of this fun-charged and highly social event.
6. Promotional Seminars. Look for best practices in seminars presented by Emergency First Response, Pilates Method Alliance, Anjinomoto USA Inc., Propel Fitness Water, Savvier, Pro Training, the American College of Sports Medicine, and the American Council on Exercise, which will host a town hall meeting.
7. Extra! Extra! Get Yer Daily Hot Sheet! To make sure you don’t miss any highlights at IDEA World Fitness, pick up a copy of the Daily Hot Sheet outside your classes, in the vicinity of the expo hall or in other high-traffic areas. The hot sheet will provide the times, locations and other important details of each day’s big happenings.
8. International Reception. At IDEA World Fitness we gather from around the globe in the name of fitness. On Friday, July 8, from 7:00–8:00 pm, longitudes and latitudes from all over
the map will converge in the name of socializing and networking (limited to international attendees only)! International attendees can use this unique opportunity to meet fellow delegates from other lands at a relaxing and fun reception by the pool at the Las Vegas Hilton. Participate in networking activities designed to help fitness professionals from more than 50 countries get to know one another.
9. Outstanding Keynote Presenters. You won’t want to miss the convention’s two world-class keynote speakers. They will deliver inspiring messages that could change your career—and maybe even your life.
- “Enhance Your Likeability Factor” with Tim Sanders (Wednesday, July 6). You can’t inspire your clients to better health and fitness unless you connect with them first. Marketing guru Tim Sanders shares his “lovecat” philosophy, which shows you how to connect with clients by focusing on the fundamentals of human relationships and rediscovering the most powerful force for good in human society.
- “How Mars and Venus Get Fit” with Pamela Peeke, MD (Thursday, July 7). Physical fitness requires a mental transformation. Your clients can’t get fit unless they perform the mental aerobics necessary to optimize body composition and performance. What’s new is not that women and men do this differently; it’s how remarkable the difference is. Get the lowdown on this fascinating topic and learn how you can best inspire different topics. Pamela Peeke, MD, MPH, FACP, is a nationally recognized expert in the fields of nutrition, fitness and metabolism.
10. Honoring the Best of the Best. The 2005 IDEA Health & Fitness Awards will recognize the professionals who are giving their all to Inspire the World to Fitness. Award recipients will be announced during the two keynote presentations on Wednesday, July 6, and Thursday, July 7, 8:15–9:55 am. Come and get inspired by the career achievements and creative thinking of the industry’s crème de la crème.
11. Dance ’Til You Can’t Dance No Mo’. Everybody dance now! IDEA has reserved The Beach (voted Las Vegas’s #1 nightclub for 6 years in a row), just for IDEA World Fitness attendees. Wear a great outfit and your best dancing shoes and be ready to party with energetic attendees from all over the world on Thursday, July 7, from 9:00 pm to midnight.
12. It’s Las Vegas, Baby! Take a break from fitness education to enjoy nonstop fun at night. This city is filled with a spectacular variety of world-class entertainment. Savor foods prepared in restaurants owned by celebrity chefs; try your luck at the gaming tables or slots; take in a show or concert; or pamper yourself with rejuvenating spa treatments and shopping opportunities galore! Eager to explore the great outdoors if time permits? Enjoy the natural beauty of Mt. Charleston or Red Rock Canyon, easy drives from the city center.
13. You Could Win an iPod Mini! It’s only one of the fastest-selling electronic gadgets available today, and it could be yours just for registering. Bring a new attendee to 2005 IDEA World Fitness, submit a coupon for each of you (see below), and you and your friend become eligible to win one of 4 iPod Minis.
- Once you and a friend have registered for 2005 IDEA World Fitness, simply complete one coupon each at www.ideafit .com/world/ipod_drawing.asp. Click and submit it to IDEA. Coupons can also be submitted via fax or mail (print form from browser).
Mail: IDEA Health & Fitness Association
10455 Pacific Center Ct.
San Diego, CA 92121-4339
- ”New attendee” is defined as anyone new to IDEA World Fitness Convention as of 1999.
- Only one coupon is allowed per veteran–new-attendee combination.
- All names will be entered individually into the drawing. Winners will be announced as individuals, not as combinations.
- A new attendee’s name can be submitted only once and only by one veteran attendee.
- A veteran attendee can be entered multiple times (the more new attendees you bring, the better chance you have to win!).
- All coupons will be crosschecked before being entered into the drawing.
- A total of four (4) iPod Minis will be awarded.
- Winners’ names will be posted in the IDEA booth in the expo hall after each keynote.
* Prizes will be distributed in the IDEA booth until Friday, July 8, 2005.
For the latest research, statistics, sample classes, and more, "Like" IDEA on Facebook here.
© 2005 by IDEA Health & Fitness Inc. All rights reserved. Reproduction without permission is strictly prohibited.
IDEA Newsletter Sign-up
|Extreme Interval Training
In this course you'll learn goal-focused intervals and over 50 dynamic exercises and drills to create extensive and intensive training formats.
|Cut to the Core
This is a raw, unedited video filmed live at the 2009 IDEA World Fitness Convention™. Cut to the Core is packed full of core-focused exercises that aim to improve the way you look, feel and live.
|September 2011 IDEA Fitness Journal Quiz 4: Plyometric Training
This continuing education quiz is an in-depth look at plyometric training. Plyometric exercises—jumping, bounding, hopping, arm pushing, and catching and throwing weighted objects such as machine balls—are movements that involve rapid eccentric and concentric muscle actions.