102: National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM®): Women’s Fitness Specialist Workshop
According to the International Health, Racquet & Sportsclub Association (IHRSA), more than half of all female gym members use personal training services. NASM developed the Women’s Fitness Specialist (WFS) credential to educate health and fitness professionals on how to effectively design exciting and engaging workouts to keep clients motivated. This workshop helps you recognize the female client’s unique needs, while teaching how to deliver training solutions throughout the different phases of a woman’s life. This workshop also helps prepare individuals for the WFS credential, covering the science behind the female body, fitness considerations for different phases, and specific nutritional needs.
Upon completion of this workshop, attendees will be able to:
- Understand key anatomical and physiological considerations when working with the female client.
- Better understand the unique needs of pre- and postnatal clients, and pre- and post-menopausal women.
- Identify strategies to effectively transform women from “fat to fit.”
- Discuss specific dietary female practices, including vegetarianism.
- Implement key strategies for marketing your services as a Women’s Fitness Specialist.
Approved for 0.4 NASM CECs. CECs from other agencies are pending.