010: American Council on Exercise (ACE): Small-Group Training Workshop
One of the challenges of working as a full-time personal trainer is having access to clients only three times of day when they are typically available to devote time to fitness training: early morning before work, during lunchtime and after work. An additional challenge faced by trainers is the limitation of receiving compensation from working with only one client at a time. Discover how you can maximize your earning potential as a certified fitness professional with small-group training—a fun and dynamic way to lead exercise programs by training more individuals during the times in which they are available. In this dynamic workshop, you will uncover specific strategies and techniques for designing and marketing small-group training programs based on the innovative and application-based ACE Integrated Fitness Training (ACE IFT™) model. Additionally, find out how small-group training can enhance exercise adherence among your clients in this unique 1-day workshop.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to:
• Identify optimal exercise formats for small-group training programs.
• Understand how to design and organize a progressively challenging small-group training program.
• Discuss the components and variables of exercise program design and how they apply to a small-group training format.
• Lead participants through a dynamic exercise circuit based on four phases of the ACE IFT™ model.
• Implement marketing strategies to attract clients to a small-group training program.
Lunch is on your own (1 hour).
Approved for 0.6 ACE CECs. Continuing education credits from other agencies are pending.
By Pete McCall, MS