Conference Blogs

Delayed Gratification to Reach Your Goals

Let's say you just arrived home from a long day of stressful work and there is a gooey plate of chocolate chip cookies sitting on the counter.  You are in a weakened state from the stress of the day and the time of day and those cookies are begging to be eaten.  A stratedgy that has worked well for my clients is the following.1. Acknowledge that you really WANT the cookies.  Acknowledge that you do not NEED the cookies to fuel your body.2. Tell yourself that you are going to have 1 cookie, but not right now, later. 

Scottsdale Az Come to the FREE Fitness 101 Intro to fitness expo on Jan 26th from 2-4 pm

  Scottsdale Az Come to the FREE Fitness 101 Intro to fitness expo on Jan 26th from 2-4 pm   

LIFT 4 U Cycle Studio Schedule

Monday 9:15 a.m. - 10:15 a.m.Monday 6:45 p.m. - 7:45 p.m.Wednesday 5:45 p.m. - 6:45 p.m.Friday 9:15 a.m. - 10:15 a.m.Sunday 3:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. 

Time Waits For No One

As the new year comes to a close, many are still procrastinating on starting their fitness goals and workouts until January 2013. Let's say for the sake of argument that you are very busy with holiday celebrations with family and friends and there just isn't anytime to get into a routine. Got it!....I want everyone to know and understand that time waits for no one. Understanding that, it is very important to spend time with family and dear friends but as equally important to take care of yourself so you can be there to spend time with.

7 Tips for Sticking to your New Year's Resolutions

  The new year is approaching, and that means it’s the season for resolutions.  I don't know about you, but I’m a big believer in the power of small changes.

Fueling Before, During, and After Exercise

 Fueling up before a workout is just as important as re-fueling after a workout. Many individuals do neither; they workout simply because they want to go eat that Big Mac at McDonalds, that Krispy Kreme Donut with their coffee in the morning or that giant bowl of ice-cream while watching Biggest Loser. While eating these foods on special occasions and in moderation is by no means a horrible thing to do, eating the aforementioned types of food after a workout, or going without eating right after a workout so that you can eat those foods later, is a big mistake.

Making 2013 Truly the Year You Get Healthy

Getting back into shape, and becoming healthier is the most chosen New Year’s Resolution.  More than half of Americans make New Year resolutions year after year.  Of that half, 75% give up within by March, and of the remaining 25% only a quarter of them truly maintain their resolution and turn it into a healthy lifestyle. 

Setting New Year's Resolutions

As 2013 emerges, millions of Americans will set a New Year’s resolution that involves exercise, eating healthy, or weight loss. These are great goals because 60% of Americans die from illnesses connected with poor eating habits or lack of exercise.  However, if you have been down this road before, and your success fizzles by January 15th it’s time to make some changes.

New Year Goals

If you ever thought of making changes for your new year, now is the time to put them into action.  One thing to remember is that specific rather than vague goals are more concrete.  The more specific, the better.  This can be applied to fitness goals and other goals in your life... It can be applied to EVERYTHING.  Even parenting.  I'm a parent of two teenagers...

A Home Gym - Five steps to a home gym.

If the convenience, affordability, and privacy of exercising in your own home appeal to you, then it may be time to consider creating a home gym. Working out at home is a great option for those who can’t afford a gym membership, don’t have time to drive to the gym, or for those who prefer to exercise alone. And if you have a flexible personal trainer, you may be able to convince him or her to provide assistance at your own personal gym.