Job Title: Receivables Accountant
Reports to: Accounting Manager
Location: San Diego, California
IDEA Health & Fitness Association is the world’s largest association for fitness and wellness professionals with more than 62,000 members/subscribers and growing. Our mission is to Inspire the World to Fitness® through our industry-leading publications, professional educational products, world-class events, online learning platform and interactive website. Our goal is to provide fitness professionals with the tools to inspire and transform the lives of their clients. Visit www.ideafit.com to learn more. As a wellness organization, we “Walk the Talk” by making the health and happiness of our Tribe members our top priority. Some of the highlights of a “day at IDEA” include onsite fitness classes, collaborative cross-departmental team meetings and values- driven decision making.
IDEA'S CORE VALUES: OUR IDEALS
I – Inspired Service
D – Do the Right Thing
E – Exercise Your Happiness
A – Appreciate Everyone
L – Learn and Thrive
S – Set the Standard
IDEA is seeking to hire an experienced Receivables Accountant. Must be able to work in a fast paced environment with a heavy volume of transactions, handle multiple tasks with high attention to detail, have superior accuracy and organizational ability, and have exceptional communication skills. This role has advancement opportunities for the growth minded candidate. Specific responsibilities include the following:
The range of responsibilities includes invoicing, deposits, payment application, collections, reconciliations, reporting, and journal entries.
- Generate invoices from contracts on a daily basis
- Manual invoice creation on a limited basis
- Debit/Credit memo creation and application
- Refunds, voids and tracking in refund log
- Daily deposits and tracking banking activity in cash receipts log
- Daily payment application
- Daily coding and entry of miscellaneous receipts
- Reconcile and correct credit card transactions
- Respond to credit card chargebacks and inquires
- Work with Customer Service and Sales department on customer/order inquires
- Provide documentation and answer receivables related questions as needed
- Track aging activity and perform collections on a timely basis
- Daily and Monthly reporting on cash and aging activities to management
- Assist with monthly cash reconciliations
- Coordinate month-end accounts receivable close
- Assists with related special projects, as required.
- Live and practice the Company’s core values.
- Proficient with Excel, Word, and ERP systems and web-based applications.
- 5+ years of accounts receivable/revenue accounting experience.
- Knowledge of accounts receivable and revenue accounting standard processes
- Self-starter with excellent organizational skills and is detail oriented
- Strong problem solving skills and ability to determine when assistance is needed
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage and prioritize a variety of tasks at once to meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Ability to spot errors quickly and make an initial attempt to resolve the issues
- Ability to organize and reconcile receivables and revenue data from multiple sources
- Accounting degree required
PROCESS TO APPLY
Please send your resume and cover letter along with answers to the following questions to email@example.com:
- What is your experience relative to the above listed responsibilities?
- When is your available start date?
- What is your salary history and expectation?