Looking for the best smartphone/ tablet app for trainers
I've been able to find plenty of apps for clients that track exercise, nutrition, sleep, water intake ect. but I haven't been able to find something aimed more for the trainer.
As of now, I plan out all of my sessions, classes, and workouts on paper. What I would like to do is replace the paper and clipboard with a Tablet device. As of now I think I will be going with the Google Nexus 7 tablet, and as soon as the 16GB ones are available I plan on buying it. I plan on buying a Glare protecting screen so I can see it in the sun, and some sort of a shoulder strap to be able to safely hold the tablet while I am demonstrating an exercise.
I want to be able to pre-load in all exercises that I instruct, and be able to add more exercises as I go. That way I could design and edit workouts quicker and easier. I'd like to be able to track complex workout sessions with multiple clients. In a perfect world, I would be able to go back and reference or compare past workouts at any time. Obviously I would need to track reps, sets, resistance, time, notes and other factors as well. The ability to both be able to work online and offline is important too.
Not sure if I should be using some sort of spreadsheet app (there aren't many Android spreadsheets apps available that I know of) or if I should be looking in a different direction. Please help.
The training notebook is pretty good for tracking and training all your clients.
If you want something for running training sessions, and group classes, try the '3 in 1 timer'. It has an interval timer, stopwatch and countdown timer. Its pretty easy to use and is for the iPad.
Hope this helps! :)
Its sort of like a trainer's clipboard in that it can record individual training programs and you can set up new clients pretty quickly (Par-Q, Fitness Assessments etc...) without having to deal with the paper.
You can even take before and after photos. I found this very useful when showing my clients how much they've progressed! Also, reminds them how helpful I am. ha ha.
It also has a training timer that's pretty handy when running classes.
Owner, Certified Professional Fitness Coach
Functional Through Fitness, L.L.C.
Cell: (501) 288-0707
Mac Dodds M.A., Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist
You get a training app that is web friendly, and you also get your own iPhone/iPad app. You can either use the Trainer mode on the Smartphone app, to track stats for your clients as you train them in-person... Or you can have your clients login and access the workouts you setup for them.
There's a 30 day free trial at Trainerize.com
Check out the IDEA Workout Builder tool on ideafit.com (www.ideafit.com/exercise-library).
Here is a little more information on how it works:
- Simple way to create, share and print workouts
- Easy drag and drop interface
- Over 1,300 exercises (with videos) to choose from
- Works on every device (tablets, smartphones, etc)
- Share workout via email, facebook and twitter
- Is automatically included in Personal Trainer, Business and Premium Access membership categories
If you do not have access and want to check it out, you can sign up for a 30 day free trial here http://www.ideafit.com/workout-builder
I use the buddylift app sometimes.
Id say the best way to get one is to download a few and see what agrees with you. They usually all cover the same things but have minor cosmetic changes.
Great question! I have yet to find a good one as well. If you find one, please let us know!
Fitview.com is another I have been working with to build workouts. It has a current library of exercises with photos along with the option of me uploading my own. It seems more user friendly for workouts but lacks the nutritional planning and monitoring like TrainingPeaks.
LUMON FIT has created a totally innovative product that will increase efficiency and level of service while simultaneously decreasing injury within wellness facilities. An intelligent logarithm containing over 6000 entries will transform the way patients are assessed, trained, and rehabilitated. Based on precise, thorough scientific research, this application provides instantaneous data analysis and seamless automatic calculations. Convenient, extensive, and highly modifiable, this time-saving app is an irreplaceable companion for wellness professionals, trainers, physical therapists and chiropractors to use every day.
This app allows you to:
- Store very detailed patient/client data (incl. Par-Q and medical information)
- Access 40 assessment templates (including posture, flexibility, cardiovascular, body composition, body dimensions, balance, muscle strength, and agility) and use them as your guide to patient assessment
- Reference an exercise library with over 500 exercises
- Create your own exercises and add them to the library for future use (including taken photos and linked videos)
- Automatically generate rehabilitation/exercise prescription suggestions and precautions based on assessment results
- Link your generated programs with YouTube videos for presentation purposes
- Take “before” and “after” pictures of assessment tasks and compare results
- Generate extremely detailed and explanatory progress reports within seconds (print or email)
- Generate take-home rehab and exercise programs for your clients (including videos of routines)
- Add feedback within the application to constantly improve the product
- Schedule seminars with a LUMON FIT representative for detailed explanation of all the product’s functions
- Calendar integration (Lumon Fit will schedule all your clients appointments for you)
- Reassessment reminders
- Intelligent exercise charts
- Electronic signatures for all documentation
- Wireless printing and emailing forms, data, or templates
- iCloud integration (never lose you patient’s info)
More Information can be found by following these links
I hope this helps,
We are building mobile apps for Personal Trainers and your clients. Our apps are available on iPad, iPhone, and Android devices. You can check us out at http://www.trainerfu.com
Unfortunately our Android app is currently available only for your clients. Here are few things that sets us apart:
1. We built apps for both Personal Trainers and Clients. Our vision is to make it easier for Personal Trainers to manage, motivate and engage their valuable client during and between sessions.
2. Our apps are build natively for mobile platform. You can expect great performance from our apps.
3. We have amazing features to make your day to day tasks easier and save you time. Workout plan builder, workout templates, client workout log, multiple trainers support, huge exercise database and more..
If you want to try out our beta, please get in touch with me: manobal at trainerfu dot com
Or on twitter at https://twitter.com/trainerfu
Or signup on our website
Thanks for reading,