In-Home fitness business and homeowners insurance?
Thinking about seeing a few clients in my home gym. I have contacted many insurance companies and they will not allow an in-home fitness business on their homeowners policies. I asked another local trainer I know and she does not have her business on her insurance. This is not a chance I want to take.
I hope this helps.
Susan's comment needs to be addressed- be sure you can have an in-home business. Some cities restrict it due to traffic flow in neighborhoods.
I am in similar situation as you. i have an in-home studio and average 25-30 appointments weekly. Due to the increased risk/exposure, my homeowners insurance cancelled my policy. My insurance agent indicated the cancellation was due to the increase in "foot traffic" i.e. more people at my house than would typically occur at a residence. The fact that it is a personal training studio is irrelevant. My business liability insurance covers that aspect.
Luckily my agent was able to locate an insurance company willing to underwrite a policy so I do have homeowners insurance. My agent located the company through an general agent, Burns & Wilcox LTD.
Bottom line- do not risk training clients in your home without the proper insurance. Your business
liability insurance covers only what occurs during training. Your homeowners insurance covers what can happen when your client(s) are on your property. . If a client slips and falls on the steps, it is NOT related to his/her training, therefore your homeowners insurance would cover the costs for any claims, if,and only if you have coverage for an in-home business. If you do not have the proper coverage, you're putting yourself and your assets in financial risk.
all about home insurance
It is available on iPad App Store (search for LUMON FIT).
You can find more details about it on their website lumonfit.com
Below are main features of this app. It is super useful and mobile. Game changer!
This app allows you to:
- Store very detailed patient/client data (incl. Par-Q and medical information)
- Access 40 assessment templates (including posture, flexibility, cardiovascular, body composition, body dimensions, balance, muscle strength, and agility) and use them as your guide to patient assessment
- Reference an exercise library with over 500 exercises
- Create your own exercises and add them to the library for future use (including taken photos and linked videos)
- Automatically generate rehabilitation/exercise prescription suggestions and precautions based on assessment results
- Link your generated programs with YouTube videos for presentation purposes
- Take “before” and “after” pictures of assessment tasks and compare results
- Generate extremely detailed and explanatory progress reports within seconds (print or email)
- Generate take-home rehab and exercise programs for your clients (including videos of routines)
- Add feedback within the application to constantly improve the product
- Schedule seminars with a LUMON FIT representative for detailed explanation of all the product’s functions
- Calendar integration (Lumon Fit will schedule all your clients appointments for you)
- Reassessment reminders
- Intelligent exercise charts
- Electronic signatures for all documentation
- Wireless printing and emailing forms, data, or templates
- iCloud integration (never lose you patient’s info)
Hope this helps. Enjoy. EDIT