If You Had To Pick Three, What Qualities Would You Say Are Essential To Being A Great Personal Trainer?
Just three and no more than three. What qualities, for you, are absolutely essential to the work that we do as personal trainers? Some categories might include Personal qualities? Professional qualities? Lifestyle qualities? ... Anything is fair game.
Rapport, ability to relate to your clients/members or audience (if a presenter) and their wants and needs.
Continuing professional education, especially within your niche.
Look the Part
1. Continuing professional education and training
2. "Practice what you preach"
3. Always stay within scope of practice
Education, education, education
Respect, both ways
2. Love the people you serve
2. Respect: for clients and the process
3. Education/experience: always bringing your "A" game:)
2. Trust. Your clients have to trust that you know what you're doing, won't harm them and will keep things that they share with you during your sessions private.
3. Passion. For what you do!
2. Continuing education~ you can never know too much.
3. The ability to motivate and make your clients want to succeed, their success is our success.
2. Passion for industry
3. Continuing Education
2. Passion - Must love what we do and strive to become better.
3. Interpersonal Skills - PERSONAL training means having the ability to develop a rapport with a client so that he/she is comfortable training with you.
A consistent positive & professional attitude.
A constant seeking of knowledge about the body.
In that order.
2. ITEGRITY: in your life and business
3. CHARISMA: the ability to inspire others to greatness