Any advice on choosing between the ACSM/ACS Certified Cancer Exercise Trainer and the ACE Advanced Health and Fitness cert?
I've read the IDEA article by Jenifer Salter and her recommendations on cancer exercise programming. Just curious as to the course content and scope of each? I generally work with a female population age 30-75,
Thanks for your input, it's greaty appreciated.
I hold both the credentials what I can say about the two are:
1. The scope of practice for the ACE HFS is greater than that of the CET.
2. The ACSM CET is a speciality certification the ACE HFS is not.
3. The ACE HFS clearly states that you possess advanced skills
4. The ACMS CET does not.
3. The ACE HFS is NCCA accredited.
4. The ACSM CET is not NCCA accredited.
5. The ACSM CET goes into greater detail regarding the pathophysiology of cancer and cancer exercise programming.
Personally, I believe the credentials complement one another.
Hope this is of help to you.
The ACE Advanced Health & Fitness Specialist (ACE-AHFS) Certification is an advanced NCCA-accredited fitness certification held by professionals who have demonstrated that they are qualified to provide in-depth preventative and post-rehabilitative fitness programming for individuals who are at risk or are recovering from a variety of cardiovascular, pulmonary, metabolic and musculoskeletal issues.
The ACSM/ACS Certified Cancer Exercise Trainer is a non-accredited, specialty certification designed for fitness professionals providing exercise programs to clients who have their physician’s clearance to exercise as part of their lifestyle changes caused by cancer and related treatments.
If you have additional questions regarding the ACE AHFS Certification, please feel free to call us at 1-800-825-3636. Thanks!